Cold temps, low humidity, harsh winds, and dry indoor heat are all common this time of year. All of which can deplete your skin of necessary moisture. This is why it is so important to use a product (or products) that provides lasting hydration. SkinCeuticals in particular offers a number of facial moisturizers that are great for just that! Some of our favorites include:
- Daily Moisture. A lightweight, long-lasting moisturizer that hydrates all while reducing the appearance of enlarged pores (for normal to oily skin).
- Emollience. A great everyday moisturizer that combines natural extracts and essential oils to help restore and maintain daily moisture (for normal to dry skin).
- Hydrating B5 Gel. An oil-free serum that combines vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid. This helps to replenish moisture and restore radiance for a smoother complexion (ideal for acne-prone skin).
- Metacell Renewal B3. A comprehensive daily moisturizer, that is specifically formulated to improve the appearance of early signs of aging on the skin.
As you can see, hydrating products can help immensely to combat the harsh elements of the season. For more information on the products above and to find out which is best for you, call us at 716-688-0020 or click here.
Winter can be a tough time of year on the skin. The cold air, wind, and indoor heat can all wreak havoc. There are some ways to combat this, however. Here are some tips that will help you keep your skin hydrated and looking great this season:
- Limit time bathing or showering. Prolonged exposure to water can strip the skin of natural, necessary oils. This can leave the skin dry, cracked, and irritated (especially for those who suffer from eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea). Try limiting the time in the bath or shower to 5-10 minutes.
- When bathing or showering, use warm or lukewarm water instead of hot. The warmer the water, the more likely it will irritate the skin.
- After bathing or showering, pat your skin dry with a towel, don’t rub. The process of rubbing can lead to skin irritation.
- Apply a moisturizer while your skin is still wet. This will help to lock in moisture and prevent the skin from drying out.
- Apply sunscreen daily to exposed areas of skin (even if it’s cloudy). Harmful UV rays are still able to penetrate cloud coverage. And if there is snow on the ground, it can actually multiply that UV exposure. This is because the snow reflects the sun’s rays. So you are not only getting hit from above but the ground as well.
- Use a humidifier. Adds moisture to the air helping to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Use PCA Skin Dry Skin Relief Bar. This product is one of our favorites for the winter! Not only because it improves dry skin, but also because it helps to soothe the entire body (even the scalp).
- Get a HydraFacial. The drying effects of winter can make skin look dull. The gentle treatment of a HydraFacial will give it a much-needed boost of hydration and refreshment. After just one treatment, results are seen immediately.
If the winter weather is giving your skin trouble, contact our office today and let us help.